Handwritten thank you notes are one of the best ways to show your gratitude and appreciation to others. Thank you notes are commonly sent out to show appreciation for baby shower gifts, wedding gifts and birthdays but there are many other situations in which a handwritten thank you note would be a good idea to send out. Here is a list of 20 reasons to send out a handwritten thank you note:
- Baby shower gift
- Wedding gift or Wedding shower gift
- For sympathy flowers or letters
- To the hostess(s) of a wedding or baby shower
- After a job interview
- Gifts received during a hospital stay
- Gifts received via mail
- Gifts received after the birth of a new baby
- Housewarming gifts
- After being entertained by a friend
- After being entertained for a Holiday in a friend or relative’s home
- After being hosted as an overnight houseguest (unless it is a very close friend or family member)
- Graduation gift
- A favor from a friend or neighbor such as babysitting, house sitting, pet sitting etc.
- After being entertained by your boss
- Gifts received for an anniversary
- To the host or hostess of any party thrown in your honor (graduation, anniversary, new job, bon voyage etc.)
- Birthday gifts
- When offered an opportunity – Business or Personal
- Just Because! (why not?)
There are many different ways that you can word your thank you notes and there are a ton of useful websites and books out there to help you. Here is an example of a thank you note wording that will work in most any situation.
Thank you so much for (the gift, opportunity, favor etc.). It was a/the (enter compliment such as perfect color or wonderful opportunity. Try and be as specific as possible). Your kindness and generosity is greatly appreciated.
Thank you again!
Now that you have a good idea of when you should send out thank you notes or thank you note cards, and a basic template for the wording, you can start spread your gratitude and appreciation to others for the wonderful things that they do for you!