Okay so you’ve met Mr Right, he’s popped the question and you’ve planned when the big day is going to be! Apart from the natural excitement of looking forward to your wedding day there is always the thought of the huge amount that you need to plan for.
Organising the church, the reception venue, a guest list, photographer, flowers, a limousine, catering, marquee hire, table plans, speeches, the cake and so on the list goes with your dream wedding dress probably appearing right at the very top of the list!
Your wedding day and your wedding dress is possibly something you’ve dreamed about since you were little and so now the pressure is on to find that perfect affordable wedding dress. Apart from fulfilling your own desire for a beautiful affordable wedding dress you’ll also be thinking about what your husband to be will think, your mum (you must please her), dad, the rest of your family and friends.
Budget may be the first consideration, if you’re thinking of something exclusive and designer then be prepared to spend (or perhaps prepare mum and dad to spend) £1000 upwards!
There are now, of course, many online stores who offer a wide selection of quality and affordable wedding dresses. So buying a wedding dress online is a great option to consider.
There is always the enjoyment of going to your local wedding and bridal boutique and trying on a variety of dresses. On the other hand, if buying a dress online means you can get a beautiful and yet affordable dress, then what you save can be spent on your honeymoon! Spending a fortune on a wedding gown isn’t necessarily a guarantee of a beautiful one and, equally, buying a dress online at an affordable price doesn’t mean you will get poor quality.
So you are thinking of buying a Wedding Dress Online? Our top ten tips are:
- Does the retailer clearly indicate their location (it is wise to buy from a UK based company whom will be covered by strict consumer trading laws)?
- Do they respond quickly to your questions? If they don’t respond quickly then be concerned.
- Can they offer material samples?
- Do they offer a wide range of materials and colours?
- Can they tailor an affordable wedding dress to your size? Although do be honest with your measurements and have them done carefully by someone else.
- What delivery timescales do they offer?
- Do they have any testimonials that give you reassurance?
- Do they have secure online payment means?
- Do they offer a refund guarantee?
- And double check there isn’t a re-stocking fee should you wish to send the wedding dress back!
When you’ve checked all these boxes you should hopefully have a pleasurable experience buying a bridal gown online and should save money at the same time. Importantly, though, do not leave it too late to order when buying your wedding dress online because if the dress is being made for you (which all good online stores will do) it may take up to six weeks to be delivered.
We don’t recommend that you leave buying a wedding dress online too late or you may end up with a very limited choice or a worrying time wondering if your dress will arrive in time for the big day!