No bride wants to appear low-cost on her special day. Therefore, what can you do if you are seeking cheap wedding ideas to keep the expenses down, yet still want to retain quality and style.
Fortunately, there are a lot of budget wedding ideas which will certainly cut down your costs as well as produce spectacular effects. With just a little imagination and some smart bride know how, you will have a gorgeous and unique wedding day that will not cost a fortune.
1. Work Out Your Priorities
The most important step to saving wedding dollars is to carefully list all your wedding goals. This will help ascertain which aspects of the wedding are the most important to you and your partner. Incorporate each of your lists into a Top Ten list. Then decide which areas to allocate more money and which areas you can spend less on.
2. Budget Wedding Cakes
A wedding cake can take up a large part of your wedding budget. Check out these cheap wedding ideas to keep costs to a minimum:
Order a smaller sized cake or perhaps less tiers. You’ll discover that not every wedding guest will eat wedding cake and many guests will choose not to take a piece home. Alternatively, you could eliminate the dessert from the menu and use your wedding cake as the final course.
Consider using fresh blooms to decorate your cake. Fresh flowers save spending money on hand-made sugar decorations, which are time consuming and ramp up the costs on a professional wedding cake.
3. Save on Wedding Flowers
Although your wedding flowers are an essential part of your bridal style statement, you only get to enjoy them temporarily. Typically, many floral arrangements just get tossed aside at the end of the evening.
Rather than spending a ton of money on your wedding flowers you might consider these lower budget choices:
- Select flowers in season. Not only are they less expensive than hot house blooms, they also will appear fresher and last longer on the day.
- Rather than only using fresh flowers for your reception table centerpieces, combine them with additional eye catching decorations. For example; twinkling candles, hand-made personalized touches and striking vases all make for stunning table decor.
- Double up using your church or ceremony flowers. Transport them to your wedding reception and use them to spruce up the venue doorways and guest lounging areas.
4. Wedding Dates
A terrific way to help to make significant savings is to stay away from booking your wedding during popular periods.
Avoid marrying in the busiest time of the year – usually spring and summer. Why not book a beautiful autumn or winter wedding. Not only will you be able to negotiate a lower venue rate, but the cool climate will provide your wedding day with a unique wedding style.
Instead of a traditional Saturday wedding, why not book a Friday or Sunday event instead. The rates will be really competitive and it is a great way to shorten a few hours off the wedding celebrations. Budget Tip: Your guests will not want to party all night long when they need to work the following day!
5. Budget Wedding Reception
The cost of wedding catering is astronomical so seriously look for areas where you can trim costs. Whilst you don’t want your guests to starve, there are ways you can save money and still satisfy their appetites.
- Be strict with the guest list. Do you really need to invite the great aunt you haven’t seen since you were five years old? Weigh up your priorities when it comes to family and friends. Aim to keep the emphasis on quality not quantity.
- If permitted, stock the venue with your own alcohol supplies. This way you can buy the alcohol in bulk and make the most of the savings.
- Another idea is to host a cocktail party or afternoon garden luncheon as your reception celebration. Serving light refreshments will certainly help reduce the level of catering required. Plus, if your guests understand your serving ‘cocktail’ or ‘light snacks’ they can prepare themselves beforehand.
6. Keep It Simple
Evaluate your wedding list for areas you can simplify. You might be able to cut down the number of family and friends, the variety available on the menu, or even the amount of detailing on your wedding dress. Just remember, simplicity is still stylish and you can save extra dollars by eliminating all the unnecessary extras.
7. Being Chic for Cheap
Using cheap wedding ideas doesn’t have to mean sacrificing on style or quality. The truth is, uncomplicated designs combined with personalized touches always make for an elegant beautiful wedding and ceremony regardless of how much you spend.